Cabrini Students Lobby for Immigration Reform
Fifteen Cabrini College students culminated a semester-long study of immigration with a trip to the nations capital Friday, April 23, 2010 to meet with senate aides to discuss the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
The students met with staff at the offices of Senator Arlen Specter, Senator Robert Casey, and Senator Robert Menendez.
The class worked closely with staff at Catholic Relief Service and the Justice for Immigrants Campaign of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Get involved in Haiti:
Learn more of how higher education and CRS are working together to make a difference in Haiti.
Important ways you can help
- Tell CRS what youre doing at your school.
- View this video of a CRS staffer describing surviving the earthquake.
- Read this Special Report on the Churchs response.
- Use this discussion guide to compare life in Haiti to life in the U.S.
- Add a CRS link to your school or campus ministry website.
- Visit CRS on Facebook for up to date information.
- Hold a prayer service for Haiti.
- Donate by calling (800)736-3467.
- Donate online at www.crs.org.
In an effort to support your incorporation of global issues into your syllabi, CRS offers a robust listing of articles, books and Catholic Social Thought related to issues of international poverty and development. These resources will work well both for classroom use, and potentially for your own research.
For Campus Ministers, Social Justice Staff, and Students
Together we are making a critical difference in the world. Because of our joint efforts, congressional legislation is reflecting global needs, individuals are receiving the care and support deserving of their human dignity, and campus communities are being transformed. Lets passionately continue our work!
I am attached to the university environment, which was my own world for many years, by love for the search for the truth, by compassion, by the frank and respectful dialogue between reciprocal positions. – Pope Benedict XVI